Tom's Thoughts

Movies are my thing. I've researched, studied and enjoyed movies for 40 years, and now I am ready to write books. My first book will be about Oklahoma movie theaters, with an emphasis on personal stories. If you have a story please email it to me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma, United States

Friday, August 18, 2006

writing confession story

Hi again, my very lovely wife suggested that I write a confession story. Well I am doing this as we speak. I am writing about what happened to my kids. As I began writing it all the problems I had with my first wife came flooding back into my memory. I feel very guilty on what happened and why I didn't see it at the time. I just hope that my kids will want to see me when and if I can make contact with them. I think when I do that they will adore Elaine. My lovely wife of these past 4 years has given so much encouragement. I hope that writing this story and getting it published will help me forgive Mary (first wife passed away 2001.) I really want to get in touch with my 3 beautiful kids even though I am scared that they will not want to see me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trekkietech said...

As an adopted child myself, I can tell you that your children do want to see you. They didn't stop loving you or missing you. I promise.

5:48 AM  
Blogger audrey said...

Dear Tom,

I think it is wonderful that you want to speak to your children. Though I was not adopted, I was estranged from my father. We met many years later. At first I did not want anything to do with him. The only memories I had of him were horrible. He was a violent man. After much convincing, I decided that we should meet. I was glad. We struck up a relationship. I was a teenager. I needed him. He was older. He had changed. In the end he turned out to be the same asshole as always. He moved and changed his phone number. My letters came back. I have not heard from him since. I know your not the kind of man he was/is. I know you will not move and change your number. I know your kids need you. Sure, they hurt. Maybe they even blame you some. But, the important thing is that you never stopped loving them. Just tell them that. I am sure they feel the same. I bet they never stopped loving you.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home