Tom's Thoughts

Movies are my thing. I've researched, studied and enjoyed movies for 40 years, and now I am ready to write books. My first book will be about Oklahoma movie theaters, with an emphasis on personal stories. If you have a story please email it to me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma, United States

Saturday, September 02, 2006

At work

At work I do not get involved in other people's conversations. For example, John was talking about this sleazy dive of an exotic dancing club. He was telling what his pickup line was and he said it really worked. He would walk over to a dancer. (He called this one a "golf lick girl" but what he meant was a "gothic girl".) But to get back to his line, he would say "nice shoes, want to f___?" And he said all he needed was protection, mouth wash and rubbing alcohol. I am not sure what the mouth wash and the rubbing alcohol are for. That might be something new, but I didn't want to ask. Too much info and all that.
Another person named Bruce Wayne and, yes, that is batman's secret identity, believes that aliens are coming to earth to take over in 5 years. And I don't mean the ones from Mexico either.
Once I did get involved in the discusion. This one was about religion. One guy was saying that the only way to heaven was through a dead prophet named Jesus. So I put my in 2 cents and said that can't be right because a majority of the earth's population do not believe in Jesus, and I don't believe God would keep all those people out of heaven just because of that. I thought that was it until a few months later when he started accosting me about my religious beliefs. Then he started talking about the devil and hell. Well, that sent crazy Steve over the edge. He truly believes that I am going to hell because I do not believe in the devil or hell. If he hadn't quit his job, I would have had to quit to save myself. Then after he quit, I learned that he was kicked out of his church for being crazy. Now that's pretty bad when a church kicks you out.
I also found out that he had a bunch of guns spread out on his kitchen table and set his apartment on fire. He called 911 and the police and the fire department both showed up. When the fire department got there before the police, he opened the door and said, "You won!" Of course they took him to the "crazy person" place and adjusted his medication. Crazy Steve came to my job again one night, hoping to get his job back, but he didn't see me. At least I hope he didn't see me! Anyway, they didn't hire him back, and hopefully never will.
Well that's all for now. A lot of the little stupid things that they talk about at lunch and after work - well, I just keep my mouth shut.

2 Comments:

Blogger audrey said...

Tom,

Don't you know? You have to watch out for those crazy guys named steve! I know Elaine told you about the "material" she is authoring. The answer to all religious fanatics - her views and opinions in a nice professional pamphlet! Do you think she will gain a following? Sort of a David Koresh thing.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Tom Leek said...

Audry, I don't think Elaine will have that David Koresh thing. She does not like to be the center of attention. And especially being pointed out as the leader of a new cult. And thats all we need is another cult. Elaine's pamphlet I hope will shut other cults down. And know that they don't have the market cornered.

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home