Tom's Thoughts

Movies are my thing. I've researched, studied and enjoyed movies for 40 years, and now I am ready to write books. My first book will be about Oklahoma movie theaters, with an emphasis on personal stories. If you have a story please email it to me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma, United States

Friday, January 19, 2007

book on small town movie theaters

I have been thinking about writing a book about small town movie theaters. Not just about the movie theaters but stories from people who worked at them and or went to them.
The reason I have only been thinking about it is because I just wouldn't get my butt in gear. But now I got an email from the Waynoka historical society telling me about the 3 movie theaters in that town. I believe it was a sign that I should start working on it and so I will do just that.

1 Comments:

Blogger audrey said...

Tom,

That sure sounds like a sign from above! While I certainly do not have your knowledge base, I do share your fondness for the past. The world is so dirty,sick and trashy now. It would ne nice to get myself lost in a book about the past. The elegance and formality of it appeals greatly to me. In this world of going to walmart in your house shoes and pj`s - it would be inspirational I am sure.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home