Tom's Thoughts

Movies are my thing. I've researched, studied and enjoyed movies for 40 years, and now I am ready to write books. My first book will be about Oklahoma movie theaters, with an emphasis on personal stories. If you have a story please email it to me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma, United States

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Vampires Alive In Oklahoma City

I work at a machine shop and I thought that the turnover was big because the pay sucks and the insurance sucks. But when I started working days I found a wooden stake at my work station. It is about 12 inches long and carved into a point. My first thought was why would you need a stake at my job? But then my mind started churning. I never know where the past employees go. Like Calvin, who used to work nights. He was working at my work station for a week after I started days and then all of a sudden he was gone. Did he suspect something, and so prepared to protect himself by sharpening a wooden stake? If so, he obviously didn't get a chance to use it.

I have been there for 4 years and there has been a large turnover. I just thought it was the reasons I listed already. Besides, there are no annual pay raises. They just give a raise whenever they get a burr up their butts. I never seem to know what happens to these people, they're just gone.

I am worried because I splintered the end of my stake. Will I be next? Hopefully my stake will still w0rk when I need it. So if I disapear you will know what happened to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home