Tom's Thoughts

Movies are my thing. I've researched, studied and enjoyed movies for 40 years, and now I am ready to write books. My first book will be about Oklahoma movie theaters, with an emphasis on personal stories. If you have a story please email it to me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma, United States

Friday, October 21, 2011

SOUND MOVIES BEGINNINGS OR JUST AN ACCIDENT?

I am tired of film critics saying that The Jazz Singer (1927) was the turning point in movies. Because Al Jolson spoke "You haven't seen anything yet" in a type movie that Warner Brothers have been doing since 1926 which was having music and sound effects added to their films. If this was a turning point then the other studios would have been building sound stages starting in 1927. But instead the other studios would build one because they believed talking pictures was just a fad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home